Compassionate Juvenile Crimes Representation
The mistakes kids make today can seriously impact their options for tomorrow. Criminal proceedings can be extremely stressful for young people, and a criminal conviction could jeopardize school, college scholarships and job opportunities in the future.
At the Law Office of Luke Scardigno, I am dedicated to protecting juveniles against criminal charges in New York. With over 25 years of experience, I can provide the representation you need in a case involving juvenile crime. I also have connections with, and knowledge of, many programs that can help your child get back on track. Protect your child’s future by contacting my office today.
Protecting Juveniles In Family Court
Many juvenile criminal cases are handled in the New York Family Court system, instead of the criminal court depending on the child’s age and the crime charged. If possible, the focus is more on guiding the child to a better future than on punishment.
Over the past 25 years, I have protected children against charges concerning criminal offenses in family court such as:
- Drug possession, including marijuana and cocaine
- Graffiti and vandalism
- Assault and harassment
- Robbery, burglary and petit and grand larceny
- Criminal trespass
- Criminal mischief
- Criminal possession of a weapon
Looking Out For The Needs Of Young People And Giving Kids A Second Chance
The criminal defense sequence involving juvenile criminal defense is a much more involved process. As your child’s lawyer, my goal is making his or her future better.
To do that, I will aggressively fight the criminal charges, but I will also work with you to resolve any issues with school and identify programs that can help your child and keep your child’s criminal record clean and out of jail.
- School intervention — When kids are accused of crimes at school, they are likely to be expelled or suspended. I will represent your child at the board of education hearing concerning school suspension to present his or her side of the story.
- Available programs — I will guide your family to programs for anger management, drug and alcohol abuse, and even school and job training. Not only does the court look favorably on these kinds of programs, they are often the key to helping children get back on track. These programs are designed to help youthful offenders find a better path. In fact, the Queens County Criminal Court has a special Queens youth court in place. I can explore that option for your child.
Contact A Family Court Attorney In Queens
An accusation of a juvenile crime does not have to impair your child’s opportunities going forward. If your child has been accused of a juvenile crime in Queens or any New York City borough, or Nassau, Suffolk or Westchester counties, call 718-414-6186 or contact me online to schedule a free and immediate initial consultation. As your child’s attorney, I will help you create a plan to protect your child’s future.
Spanish, Italian and Greek language services are available.