Experienced, Dedicated And Ready To Protect Your Rights
Experienced Assault Charge Lawyer
If you are charged with an assault, you need to contact a Lawyer to discuss your case as soon as possible. An assault conviction can lead to serious future consequences for a person, such as difficulty in obtaining employment, education opportunities, immigration consequences and even civil judgments.
To protect your rights, you should contact me, Luke Scardigno. I have successfully helped numerous clients charged with assault in Queens, Brooklyn, New York City and The Bronx, as well as Nassau and Suffolk County during my close to 30 years of practicing law.
Types Of Assault Charges
There are several classifications of an assault charge:
- Assault in the first degree, a Class C violent felony
- Assault in the second degree, a Class D violent felony
- Assault in the third degree, a Class A misdemeanor
The seriousness of the physical injury will determine the classification level of assault for which you will be charged. The crime can also be charged as an attempt to commit an assault.
There are also other types of assault, such as:
- Reckless assault
- Vehicular assault
- Aggravated vehicular assault
- Gang assault
Each of these charges requires different elements in order to sustain the charge. I can help you fully understand the elements of these charges and show you how I can use those elements to mount a powerful defense on your behalf.
Consequences Of Assault And Domestic Abuse Charges
I focus exclusively in the area of criminal defense. This allows me to remain on the cutting edge of my field and to have an extensive amount of knowledge about assault charges, including domestic violence assault charges. Other than incarceration, some of the issues and consequences I frequently discuss with clients charged with assault include:
- Escalated charges — In many situations, Assault charges stem from authorities overcharging the offense. What starts as a simple shove between arguing neighbors can quickly be turned into a full-blown assault charge. To make sure that the real story behind your charges is told, you need a strong and knowledgeable lawyer on your side.
- Felony charge — Depending on the severity of the injuries caused and the intent involved, an assault may be charged as a Felony. Felon status is exceptionally serious and can affect your job, housing, employment, education, immigration status, and many other aspects of your life.
- Restraining orders — Domestic violence and abuse cases and assault cases in general, often involve an order of protection at some point in the process. I can help you understand the terms of these orders or defend you if you end up being charged with violating the orders of protection. I can also help you with any new charges that may stem out of the violation of the order of protection such as criminal contempt, aggravated harassment, assault, menacing, criminal obstruction of breathing and any other crimes for which you may be charged.
For these and all other issues related to assault charges, I am able to provide you with the powerful representation, knowledge of the law as it relates to your case and the personal attention that your case deserves.
Domestic Violence Assault Lawyer Serving Queens And Nassau County
To schedule a free consultation with a skilled assault charge attorney, call the Law Office of Luke Scardigno at 718-261-5151, or fill out my online contact form. My office is located just across the street from the Queens County Criminal Courthouse. My fees are reasonable, and payment plans are available so that you can get the representation you deserve in a way that fits your financial situation.
Spanish, Italian and Greek language services are available.